Posts Tagged ‘rpg game’
Our first entry on LudumDare as a team. It’s an RPG game, but you only get ONE….
It’s just two of us, with no fields of expertise in art (you can see which one the ones we make). But finally we finished it, barely.
72 hours, with 3 exam in between. Don’t try it, it’s not healthy….
One For All & All For One
The ONE is an item in this game that control almost everything you do.
It can be used to attack enemies and heal allies.
But be careful as you use the ONE, you can exhaust it. And when you ran out of ONE, the game will be over.
Don’t worry, as you beat enemies the ONE’s power will replenish.
You cannot die normally in battle. When you die if there is still ONE left, you will be brought back to life. But as it told earlier, if you ran out of ONE the game will be over.
And that’s about it! Kinda stretching out the theme huh? But that’s who we are.
There’s many more included in this game, like characters and features. But you have to play it to know~
* A new logo of XIXGAMES for the game intro:
* New doors game system, until you kill the mobs around you cant pass to the next room (today I replayed “No More Heroes” for PS3 and this people use the same , ah, guys from Darksiders do this trick also )
* A new intro, first show the XIXGAMES logo, then run three animations in 3D with a particle system and another in 2D for the play buttons.
* Magic and physicial Combat systems are more efficient now, there is a new spell also (icebolt). Player can die now XD and return to the menu very fast. There are new sound fx also, when you get hitted and new sounds for the spells also, there is a random sound for repeated tasks. Damage is calculated this way:
-- Compute damage with armor and so on local nResist = 1.0 - this.Resistance ( )/100.0 local damage = magicalPower * nResist this.health ( this.health ( ) - damage )
* Added a chest system based on proximity sensors, it works like the Dungeon Hunter (iOS), when you are near a chest, the physical attack button change to a button with a opened chest, I’m working on this now
* Scene loading mechanics, thanks to Davit Masia, who made me the Loading Screen and help me choose the right font for the title
* Camera movement with touch support: this part was a little bit hard to accomplish because of the current Camera Script had already touch controls and rotations in x,y,z
Things to be added:
- more mobs
- two scenes with 2 simple gameplays
- level up mechanics
- final bosses!
This is a video from Pc (Windows 7) this time: