Posts Tagged ‘question’
Just throwing a question for everyone out there. I have my own answer, but I was wondering if it is the right one afterall.
How do you rate mood? Can you give some examples of high mood and low mood games?
In your opinion, what is the best way to make a game?
Are we allowed to talk with some friends to get an idea ?
(I’ll do the Compo, my friends do not participate).
Hi, Gravity Games here, and I can’t wait until the next Ludum Dare! I do however have a few questions about the rules if you don’t mind.
1) I saw in the rules that we ARE allowed to use base code if its mentioned before the dare, but how far would be considered base? Like, a basic routine to open a window and draw graphics? A basic engine with a level editor (though I’m assuming that this would be a little bit too far to be considered a base).
2) Continuing the above question, I have a level format that I tend to use for every project I start. I was wondering if it would be okay to copy and paste the same code that reads these files, or would I have to recode the same format from scratch. Or would I have to make a completely new format entirely?
3) Continuing from the level format question, I already have a level editor for this format. Is it against the rules to use this level editor presuming I use the same level format? If so, would it be acceptable to program a new editor, or should I just type in the levels with a text editor?
4) Is it against the rules to submit a game to the dare, continue to work on it for the rest of the hours of the jam, and then resubmit it for the jam?
5) Finally, I’ve never completed a game before (not 100% anyway), much less in 48 hours. Quite obviously this is a big challenge for me, so how would I start practicing? Would you recommend going to past ludum dares and completing them, or is there an ongoing challenge I can use for practice?
I’m currently in the process of producing a makefile to compile my (future) game. However, In my interest to target as many people as possible I would link to know the following:
- What OS are you using? (Windows / Linux – Include which version if you so desire but it is not necessary)
- Are you using 32Bit or 64Bit? (This is the biggy)
So I’ve been thinking about removing the double pixels; my game would be bloated up to 800 times 800 pixels with ‘em and that sucks. Also I like the look of it with single pixels. Look at the little fella, ain’t he adorable? Input appreciated!