Posts Tagged ‘progress update’
Finally some gameplay: Check It Out
Off to bed… but managed to cause quite a bit of damage tonight.
The game fits in with the minimalism theme very well, while still being somewhat complex and interesting (at least by my standards). Game is feature complete. I’m very happy with it’s state this far in. All of the gameplay features are in, level control and difficulty are implemented, and even the menu states are complete. Spent a bit of time on audio this evening, and while it’s rough… it’s more ambitious than anything i’ve tried in a Ludum Dare before and i believe with a little polish, it will be quite the little go-getter (or a massive failure).
The game runs in two difficulty modes currently. Really frickin easy, and “Oh for the love of everything that is good, please make it stop” hard. I see this screen a little more than I’d like
The Plan For Tommorow
- The combination of the bullets firing, and cells exploding creates chords. The sound files need to be just right for this to work, and they are not right now. It’s not BAD, it’s just not good. This will hopefully be a quick fix tommorow
- I want the game to be difficult… but the kind of difficult that can be appreciated by the person that is playing the game for 30 seconds before they rate it. Currently we’re at the “rage quit and send death threats to the developer’s family” level of difficulty. The balance hammer needs to come out.
5 hours later it does do sound! And there’s some kind of story *erm*
You can smash pots! what do you want more?!??
…I should probably start putting some level design in there…
oh and enemies, weeeell…
New Update: Check It Out
New Version online, now with an extra portion pot smashing!
Check it out: http://shdev.de/wasabi
After screwing around with color palettes for WAAAAAY too long, I finally have something visible.
I have a wonderful idea, but I have no clue if I can make it work.
I may end up submitting to the jam because I really don’t have much time this weekend.
Now I just have to make it more of a game…
My entry was pretty much done about 2 hours ago, I’ve just been polishing since then.
I’m very pleased with what I accomplished this year!
Anyway, my entry: Game-Age: A visual evolution of gaming
I’m trying out a new look on my games. Thanks to artrage it’s pretty easy to get a artsy look. It’s a shame that the character pictures doesn’t look as good when scaled down (from artrage images) as the level do. Oh well…
Wasn’t needed but I wanted both so I won’t need to eat until late lunchtime
My game is going ok but at a bit of a slow pace, I had tooo much sleep last night as I got a headache in the evening and wanted to go sleep it off. Plus to top it off after getting up this morning I spent three hours trying to fix a bug that had a super simple fix Oh and my game only works as an exe not in html5 which is annoying.
I’m hoping soon all the scripting will be there so I can spend time on the art which I haven’t really touched yet except for making super quick placeholders. I’d really like it finished for the compo though and not the Jam
So I have 4 levels completed. I’m not going to post a link to the game till it’s done I think, but Im encouraged by what I have so far.
I wasn’t sure how I was going to end it, but I think I just came up with a solid idea and I think it’s both doable and going to work well.
So in the end I should have a 5 level completed game, I guess we will see tomorrow.
Also, for the record Construct 2 is amazing for prototyping and doing little 2d projects like this.
Since I haven’t got anything to show yet, have a look at what I’m eating!
So far I’ve stolen the graphics (and sounds) from my old ludum dare entry and I intend to update it when I got some actual gameplay. At the moment you can run around, jump and avoid stars. Nothing happens when you collide with them or fall outside – yet, but that will happen soon I hope.