Posts Tagged ‘poland’
Yes, you were right – BlackCode Studio, the creators of The Unbelievable Adventures of Kamil the Cat and Kamil the Cat’s Unbelievable Party, also winners of 54 Oscars* and 23 Pie-eating contests*. This time we want to make something other than Kamil the Cat game again
Who exactly is in?
- Kacper “kacperski1″ Herchel – programming, graphics, sounds
- Maciej “MacronCPP” Ziółkowski – programming, some graphics
- Grzegorz “zabujca405″ Bąkowski – music (haven’t you heard the awesome one-string guitar in Kamil the Cat!?)
- Arkadiusz “Victorion999″ Victor – sounds
- Weronika “Orisagi” Grabowska – graphics, but not crappy ones like mine or MacronCPP’s
And what will we be using?
- C++ with SFML 2.1 (yes, we finally updated our 2.0 RC version ),
- CodeBlocks as the IDE,
- Adobe Photoshop for pixel-arts, Inkscape for vectors and PaintTool SAI for hand-drawn ones,
- FL Studio, SFXR and Audacity for sounds,
- Skype to be able to talk to each other,
- XSplit Broadcaster, maybe I’ll be streaming :v
- Chronolapse to make a timelapse video later
*ok, that may not be true ._.
I’m forgetting to post this Here’s video of game I had a pleasure of cocreating on this year Global Game Jam in Poland, Kraków:
Game won 1st place ex aequo with Broken Heart – http://globalgamejam.org/2013/broken-heart
You can grab executable for PC, Mac, Linux, Android and Unity WebPlayer version here:
Have fun and please comment
Greetings goes to aidenn, robert.was.krk , koshmaar and other participatns of GGJ in Kraków, Poland.
I will try to participate but in the same time I will be returning home from work in germany to poland and I had plans to finish up update of my game JengAR and publishing it to iPhone/iPad. We will see
I will be using Unity 4, blender, gimp,sfxr, ColorsDS, freesound.org and maybe some free *SECRET* “modeling” tool I’ve been planning to use
I’ve just published new version of my Ludum Dare October Challenge game on google play. Previous version required to print and assemble cuboid marker.
Now I’m using other library that can use anything as marker.
Here’s new gameplay video:
And link for LITE version:
I already have reports that it works slugish on some devices (Google Nexus and HTC Desire Z). Guys and gals – I’m waiting for your reports
Next – some obviously needed optimizations and iOS version.
Ok, it seems I earned somewhere between 1-2$ on my game on google play so success
And today I released LITE, ad-supported version, you can get it here:
Hope someone will enjoy it
Sorry I forgot about making entry so here it is:
Ok, today/yestarday I’ve released my game on android google play. It’s augmented reality game so it needs device with a rear camera and printing special marker to track player position. You can find more info on:
In a few weeks I’m hoping on also releasing it on iOS. Just have to obtain some MacBook and iOS device for testing
If you use Unity to develop make sure you have JDK 1.6 installed instead of 1.7. The latter one just cant’ seem to sign your software in a right manner and applications after downloading from store just can’t install.
I’m planning releasing free version with ads and maybe time limit.
I’ve uploaded “final” post compo version of my game for LD#24. Please check it:
From new things:
- Title screen
- scores, lives, instructions on screen
- third level with new mechanics!
- more balanced gameplay (but there’s still this dreadful rotating platform
- end screen
- high score system
I’m planning to write more in postmortem sometime tomorrow. So see you tomorrow