Posts Tagged ‘mtpaint’
Hello everyone! I’m ready to join in! This is my first post to the site!
I’ll be doing a Jam entry with a friend. I’d be doing the code work and he’s likely to help with graphics and sound.
So here’s what I’ll probably be using:
- Language: Lua (Using LÖVE as a framework)
- Source Editing: Vim
- Version Control: Git
- Graphics: mtPaint (pixel art), MyPaint (Sketches, concept doodles), Gimp (Anything else)
- Sounds: sfxr (Bleeps and blips), Audacity (Filtering and other stuff)
Hopefully that should all be enough to pull me through. Good luck everyone, see you soon!
Coming up with an original, witty title is a lot harder than it looks.
This is my first ludum dare, and I’m not sure if I actually expect to come out with a finished project. My goals aren’t that high, but I still anticipate I’m going to have a lot of fun. I’m using a language that I’m not entirely familiar with, but I’m going to have a great working atmosphere and lots of documentation.
I’ll be using:
ActionScript 3 with FlashPunk
- sfxr and sunvox (a free music tracker) for sounds and music
- mtPaint for graphics
- emacs for, uhh, everything else
EDIT: Okay, I changed my mind. I’m using Python and PyGame, and probably Box2D. Worst case scenario I’ll use Lua and Love2D. Oh man, I really should have planned this out ahead of time.