Posts Tagged ‘js’
Tired, but quite satisfied! I managed to do most of what I planned for this 2nd and last day. My only regret is that I might have taken too much time on nitpicking stuff instead of producing more contents/levels, but it could have been worse.
Congrats to everyone, I’ve seen quite a lot of promising games during this week-end! Now it’s 3am here, so time to sleep. See you soon!
IT’s an MMO* made with node.js/backbone/three.js/tween.js/underscore/…
What is it all about?
You are in charge of an evergrowing world in a universe full of evergrowing discs.
But growth comes at a terrible price.
In the advent of your great growth-inducing politics the general disc-populace grows weary of overpopulation and overproduction.
You decide to take the best way forward.
War against the unknowingly weak non-blue discs.
Carefully you plan your next aquisitions while balancing your infrastructure spendings with your investitions in green energy and hauntingly large disc-machines of war.
What does work:
- Support for up to 51.00000000000002 players
- Planets indicate their current production capacity by growing
- Planets may revolt (red tint)
- Military and a good investition in green technology help to overcome riots.
What doesn’t work:
- There is no chat or ranking.
- You cannot transfer your all-killing-war-machines to a friendly planet
- If you tab out there is a high chance your browser might die.
- Simulation is a bit rough. Hadn’t had time to make animations
- Same for graphics.
- Player starting positions can be compromised from time to time. If you can’t grow your disc: reload the page
Oh, and the code is horrible. Iam not uber experienced and furthermore obviously needed to reassure myself that Diablo3 won’t ever become a game i could be happy with.
Thanks for your time. Have a blast!
If you still haven’t played it yet, here is a screen with lots of circles for you.
f this s. iam going to be a potato!
*at least in a realtivély tiny world it would be a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE experience. Here it’s somewhat of a medium scale multiplayer app.
The ACM club at LeTourneau University has been interested in the Jam this semester, and the time has finally come!
We have at least two groups of three people each; I will represent one of them. Team Name: “Bad Pun”
Expectations are that two of us will mainly code, and the third will mainly work on art assets, but we’ll all do a little of everything I imagine. Tools:
- I will be bringing in a bit of convenience code, mainly to handle resource loading, keyboard events, and sprite sheets. If anybody is interested, I’ve posted it here.
- Version Control: Fossil
- Graphics: probably the GIMP will see the most use.
- Sound: bfxr will likely see use. The art guy will probably use fancier stuff I’ve never even heard of.
- Code development will be with whatever tools we personally prefer; we have a Windows, Mac, and Linux computer among the three of us. I personally like CodeBrowser for elastic tabstops.
We are looking forward to having fun!
This time around, I think I’m going to take it easy on the graphics and sound. Instead, I’ll focus on pure story. My plan: a multiplayer, online puzzle game. I’ll be working in PHP, with a bit of JS front-end. Maybe some html and css as a template. I have some interesting ideas for something atmospheric, and connected to the theme Hope to start serving things up to outside users in short order!