Posts Tagged ‘ignoring the theme’
Oh, so the voting has finished… Let’s look at my result ! With comments !
- Bronze Coolness 67% : Hey, so 1 rating!=1% Because I have rated about 45 games….
- #76 Overall 3.63 : Woooooooo … OMAGAD I’M 76th on 1406 GAMES I’M …
- #77 Fun 3.51 : Having 133 kittens trying to kill is fun.
- #86 Humor 3.16 : Oh yeah. Kittens . They do everything for you !
- #152 Mood 3.10 : Uh. I though It was impossible to make a moody game with humor, apparently I was wrong.
- #161 Audio 3.06 : Uh, again . Just using autotracker-bu and bfxr can give you a good rating . (But I wish I was better at SunVox) .
- #275 Graphics 3.17 : The graphics were simple pixel-art, and apparently, it worked .
- #364 Innovation 2.86 : Ok, it was just another rogue-like, after all .
- #647 Theme 2.09 : Oh. I think we have here my main failure , and here is why :
- Take your time to find the idea .
- Don’t make personal libs if you are fast, it’s too easy -> not fun.
- Try to be better each time at each points. If you are bad at graphics, try to be better at this .
Sorry gents, I got this other project that is calling my name. I think I am going to be posting updates on ludum dare anyways, and try to get something nice together for sunday night.
I am doing a kinda sorta clone of LSDJ / LGPT for iOS. Due to the limitations of multitouch, I am going to have to make some changes. Like chording isn’t possible in the same way, and things need to have more on screen stuff. I have a few ideas of how to deal with that though.
I currently have a synth that can trigger samples at different pitches, and the phrase / chain / song structure together. I need to get the looping working, but the structure is there. By the end of the weekend, I would like to have the PTCH, VOL, and FILT commands in. I suspect that I will be hard coding the samples in for the time being, just because I don’t think I can implement physicsFS this weekend. I might give it a try though.
Here is where the graphics are currently:
Look forward to demo audio links.