Posts Tagged ‘garageband’
Alright, guys—I’m in!
Here’s a quick run-down of some of the tools I’ll probably end up using:
- Engine: Impact
- Editor: Sublime Text 2
- Graphics: Photoshop, Pixen, Wacom tablet, pen & paper
- Audio: Famitracker, GarageBand, various acoustic instruments
I’m going to attempt to write all of my source code in CoffeeScript, as I’ve been meaning to give it an honest go. I wrote a custom build system for Sublime+Impact+CoffeeScript, which I’m keeping my fingers crossed about. Desk shots/food shots/excitement/wailing to come. Looking forward to it, and good luck, everyone!
My entry tr-3012 is primarily a musical instrument, a drum machine with five independent looping triggers identified by robots.
This time around I did a lot better at removing code that wasn’t necessary and dropping ideas I wouldn’t have time for. I had all of these digitized robot voices recorded that my five year old loved but which didn’t really make the game any better.
One thing I regret not having time to implement was an introductory zoom from outer space into the playing grid, to make it look like the robots were isolated and adrift in space. That would have helped fit the theme better.
The tools I used:
I plan to add a few new features to tr-3012 later, to make it more useful as a musical instrument
– allow user-provided samples
– external MIDI sync, or at least set a tempo in BPM internally
– send MIDI and OSC events in place of/in addition to playing samples
With the start of LD #22 in less then a week now, I’m getting my tools set up! I’ll most likely be using
- Possibly Blender 3D (Experience: 1 1/2 years)
- Garageband (Experience: 2 years)
- CFXR (Experience: 1/2 year) : The BEST program for sound EVER
- Pixlr (Experience: 1 year) : Online substitute for Photoshop :p
- Unity Forums (Experience: 1/2 year) : The best weapon in my arsenal! My Page
Without a doubt I’ll be using Unity’s Standard Assets Source Code as no man can code without it!!! Also, I may use some of assets from Unity’s example packages such as: Lens Flares and The First Person Demo (demo is removed for some reason, I guess it’s obsolete)
Good luck to all, hope Notch doesn’t completely own us!