Posts Tagged ‘font’
So, I’m working on the post-compo version of my LD26 game: The Fair King.
One of the problems I’m trying to solve is that the game’s fonts look really shitty on android. Take a look at the original version, linked above, for the desktop and then take a look at the new android version here.
All the fonts in the game look flimsy and ugly, even when I tried to make them bolder (in the “Help” pages). The fonts look much better in my computer.
Does anyone have some suggestion on how I can improve this?
Thanks a lot!
I made this because there is some bits of code in my warm-up that could be reused for others projects .
Yes, it’s called lfspm . It stand for LevelFontSoundParticlesMusic . this lib for the love framework permit you to :
- Load a tile based level with a collision system .
- Load a bitmap font and print it.
- Play sounds.
- Have a particle system.
- Play a music.
I basically copy-pasted code from my Warm-up in a single file.
Download : Here
Note that :
- The level format is a bit complex . You have a img/tileset.png, a img/tilesetdata.png who is the size of img/tileset.png divided by tilesize, and define properties for the tiles, and some lvl/number.png which use r and g for x and y of the tileset…
- You need SECS to use this lib.
- You must have defined scale and tilesize .
- You are totally allowed (and encouraged) to modify, improve, and distribute this code .