Posts Tagged ‘first screenshot’
Not bad for a few minutes of work. Raycaster rendering is a go!
After screwing around with color palettes for WAAAAAY too long, I finally have something visible.
I have a wonderful idea, but I have no clue if I can make it work.
I may end up submitting to the jam because I really don’t have much time this weekend.
Using temporary art and basecode from a previous unfinsihed haxe game:
This the first screenshot of the game i’m making for LD 26 (My first LD)!
Actually i’ve been working on it for about 2 hours because of the time zone, and i’m currently working on collision detection and others features.
The game will be called “Earth Defender” other news about it will come ASAP… Stay Tuned!
Note: the sprites are not the final ones!
Oh I forgot to say that I really love this theme!!!
I get the feeling I’d be a lot more clever were I fully awake, but this is what I’ve got so far:
It’s a black and white game (minimalist…colors and…stuff…bluagh) where your goal is to investigate the only lit area. Of course there are obstacles (though right now they’re always appearing in front of the player’s original orientation, not necessarily between the player and the light, which is something I’ll need to fix when I can think straight again). So…tomorrow will be fixing the obstacle-creation algorithm and adding some sound…might actually be able to turn it into horror of some sort, especially when that first obstacle drops. Jump scares…or something…and if I still have some extra time I’ll try and make the light randomly move away from the player so that the game is more than half a minute long or so.
(I’m so frustrated that the last time I was contemplating doing a Ludum Dare I ended up making this…when really I should have held off on it until this go around.)
Welp…. after a somewhat heated argument between me and a quadtree, i got off to a start at least. think its about time to call it a night.
I’ll be streaming most the day tommorow.
Things are going pretty good, but I wish they were better. Checkpoints were going to be implemented but will probably be scrapped. The player design is more or less done but still needs animating. (The hardest part) A few tiles need to be made but they are mostly done.
But a screenshot will tell more than my rambling on. So here it is.
As my first session draws to a close, I’m more frustrated than ever. 8 crashes thus far and I don’t know what the problem is. And it’s not my game, it’s my computer. Wonderful. I’m already way behind, but what else is new? I guess I’ll just work on getting this into a VERY VERY VERY simplified state, then I guess I’ll call it quits. No way I can do what I wanted with all of these interruptions. Just not enough time. Here’s my first screenshot. I was hoping to have enemies implemented already, but so far I just have tiles and a movable main character with animations.
okay.. got some early screenshots where I play around some with the tech and size of things
and a gameplay sketch based on this test:
There are silhouettes in the background with a batlike signal when the heroes are about to arrive and a planet/world circling to keep the player on top as he walks around beating up innocent civilians.
Yeah.. I think I’m going with this.
So far I’ve stolen the graphics (and sounds) from my old ludum dare entry and I intend to update it when I got some actual gameplay. At the moment you can run around, jump and avoid stars. Nothing happens when you collide with them or fall outside – yet, but that will happen soon I hope.