Posts Tagged ‘crazy’
We’ve just brought our premature baby home and I decide to start @McFunkyPants’ 12in12 challenge early? What am I thinking? My wife will definitely say “you are the villain!” Well I’m in for as much as I can manage! Perhaps 6 hours over 2 days?
Awoke for 4am feed, whipped out phone and checked for the theme…
“You are the villain”
- Hungry Goat (stealing food which means everything, like clothes, etc)
- Stop Santa! (you try to stop… Why am I explaining this one?)
- Present Thief (wanna all da pwesents!)
- Jack Frost in stop the World! / Traffic game jam (freeze things to cause mayhem)
- Snowflake uniqueness answer (how do they each become unique? They fight!)
- Oil Co Exploits (Arctic Edition)
game lose screen shows Oil Co boss saying “but <player name>, you asked for cheap fuel, electricity, plastic, etc. I was just trying to make you happy. Aren’t… *YOU* the villain?”
Game play area shrinks as polar cap melts.
Ozone layer hole shrinks as greenhouse gases released. (believe that’s the South Pole over Antarctica – is exaggeration forgivable?)
Ok, that has legs and seems topical given they’re doing this right now so…
Game style potentials:
- Casual minesweeper-like
Click/Touch areas to try them for resources before time expires.
- Something actually innovative!
Sorry ego, gotta finish so not this time!
- Resource planning / building?
Extract maximum oil, minerals, etc within play time.
- Tower defence?
Seals, penguins, polar bears, Greenpeace (and the occasional Easter egg goat / kitten / Santa Claus / Elf?) arrive and try to stop you mining.
Hmm, could do all of these incrementally and whatever makes it in is it!
Right back to sleep in case subconscious mind comes up with better!
P.s. Disclaimer in case not obvious to RSPCC, baby & mum are getting priority
This is the final version of my game. It’s probably, hard, cruel, unbalanced and difficult. It’s wierd and not just because it makes no sense to make a text based defense game like this.