Posts Tagged ‘blue’
It’s done!! You can now blast away at monsters with an infinite number of randomly generated guns to your heart’s content. (The guns can do some pretty interesting things, if I say so myself).
Can you beat my highscore?
Well.. my working title is evolving a little from “Monochrome Train”. Anyway, here is the update:
I have been working like mad during this miniLD#6. I worked 12 hours on Friday, 17 hours yesterday, and now I have a little over 5hours left to at least wrap up the gameplay. At this point I’m going into triage mode again like many LD format competitions force us. In a last minute rabid attempt to cram and adjust all the critical features that will turn a project from a demo into a game. This being my third LD type event I have yet to feel that I’ve suceeded within the timeframe. Not sure this time will be any different yet but at least a big difference is that this time I have been able to play my game a LOT more during creation. Probably to the detriment of the timeline a little. I guess that is a good sign though. Anyway, 8am EST is almost here and that is when my crunch time begins. I have made a critical todo list to accomplish during this time and we’ll see how it goes!
- score file handling to support matrins compo requirements
- detecting most primitive form of ‘you win’ condition when reaching locomotive at head of train
- enemies – spawning, moving, fighting, dieing, dodging (of some type)
- simple player / enemy animations for the logic I have coded so far (right now there is no animation)
- simple event sounds
- tiny train like soundtrack loop (update: DONE @ 9am)
- how to page? I am confused on this because due to the matrin framework requirement– I was planning on using his idea of the 400×400 image in his framework to provide how tos… but I also want people to be able to know how to play if they just download this level from the blog without the loading framework.. so there is the connundrum of sorts.
- animations for train wheels and locomotive parts and steam cloud
Current screen shot above and current windows build here. Use arrow keys (left/right/up) to move or gamepad stick with button 1 to jump.
Seeya all on the other side!