Posts Tagged ‘awesomeness’
Yes, you were right – BlackCode Studio, the creators of The Unbelievable Adventures of Kamil the Cat and Kamil the Cat’s Unbelievable Party, also winners of 54 Oscars* and 23 Pie-eating contests*. This time we want to make something other than Kamil the Cat game again
Who exactly is in?
- Kacper “kacperski1″ Herchel – programming, graphics, sounds
- Maciej “MacronCPP” Ziółkowski – programming, some graphics
- Grzegorz “zabujca405″ Bąkowski – music (haven’t you heard the awesome one-string guitar in Kamil the Cat!?)
- Arkadiusz “Victorion999″ Victor – sounds
- Weronika “Orisagi” Grabowska – graphics, but not crappy ones like mine or MacronCPP’s
And what will we be using?
- C++ with SFML 2.1 (yes, we finally updated our 2.0 RC version :P),
- CodeBlocks as the IDE,
- Adobe Photoshop for pixel-arts, Inkscape for vectors and PaintTool SAI for hand-drawn ones,
- FL Studio, SFXR and Audacity for sounds,
- Skype to be able to talk to each other,
- XSplit Broadcaster, maybe I’ll be streaming :v
- Chronolapse to make a timelapse video later
*ok, that may not be true ._.
Well, it seems that I’ve manage to finish making a game and it doesn’t totally suck
Place colored boxes to destroy all the black boxes, but you can’t place two blocks of the same color next to each other and as soon as you place a block next to a black one the cascade of domino explosions start and when it stops if there are more blocks left you loose.
All that is left now is add a ton of polish to it and perhaps calculate the score for all the combinations and add some soft music.
So now some sleep, and polish before I have to attend to a party.
Even though I posted about being in around October, I’m here to say that I still am, and to update some links.
I’ve learned a lot from last time (this is my second time) and hopefully I can make a game that’s not a maze full of paper this time.
- Language: Lua
- Framework: LÖVE
- Code Editor: Sublime Text 2
- Music Composition Software: MuseScore
- Audio Editor: Adobe Audition/Encore
- Image Editor: Adobe Photoshop
- Ussuri Engine written by yours truly
Best of luck to all, and most importantly: have a good time! See you on the other side with a (hopefully) finished game!
Coming back for… what? My 5th Ludum Dare? Not sure exactly. As always, it’s timed at a very awkward point for me, but that’s just how things go. I’ve accepted it by now. Assuming all of the parts that I ordered for my new computer get in on time, and they all work, and I don’t have too much troubling setting it all up, installing an OS, etc. I should be in! Good luck everyone!
The Charity Game Jam was a huge success. Our initial fundraising goal was $250 and as you can see, we destroyed it! Mission accomplished. Achievement unlocked. Boss battle won. Princess saved. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, EVERYONE! I’m humbled and grateful for all your enthusiasm, hard work, and generosity. Should we do this again next year?
Play The Games Here! | Keynote Video | Announcement Post
I’m done, and I’m really tired. See you guys when I’m awake. Then I’ll do apost mortem and see if I’ll post my foodpics. Single day ludum dare was crunchy…
I’m in… and I’m not sure what kind of framework or language I’ll be using. I was planning to go with html5 and made some smaller tests, but giving that I couldn’t get sound working in a working state for the stable version of my main browser(the firefox 4 beta is awesome!) I’ll go with the tried and tested. This means, in my case, C++ if I get my current framework to a working state or flixel if not.