MiniLD #24, hosted by Sophie Houlden
Theme: Pick ‘n’ Mix
fishslap - fishbrain - Competition Entry
The game address the following LD criteria:
- In a strange way, or "topsy-turvy" might be more accurate. But "Inside-out" gave me the idea of fishing, from the fishes point of view.
* 1 button input only
* 2 colours
- This works well, especially the silhouette approach. Although, a background with vivid colours would add some polish.
* Game must end in 60 seconds
* All audio must be your own voice
- Not quite; but all the silly fishermen comments are me. I could easily have removed or modified other sound fx, but liked the existing mix.
* Use a tool/language you have never used before.
- I used Adobe Soundbooth to edit and process all sounds. The samples I recorded could be better - they're done through a laptop mic. But, again, I felt the slight "dodginess" of the samples added to the overall effect.
Slap those evil fishermen on the head, and help your friends escape.
(i've decided to give it a quick re-skin and add a colour version)
You must sign in to comment.