Ludum Dare 28
You Only Get One - laaph - Jam Entry
Pachinko! It's not actually pachinko, it's much closer to Peggle, but no one corrected me until after I was done making the game.
- I think I did a good job sticking to the theme. :p
- Justin Beiber is included.
- So is Batman.
- There is no killing in this game. I hadn't meant to meet this goal; I thought the goal was "no violence"; there is one bit of violence inspired by a video game that was so violent it caused politicians to discuss banning video games.
- This was all done in 48 hours
- This is being submitted to the Jam; I may have "bent some rules"
- All programming done by me.
- Most art was done by me, except the backgrounds. And Beiber. And Batman. But I made those nice pegs! And all the old man sprites.
- Sound was created by cxfr and Audacity, except the voice that was cribbed from the aforementioned well known video game.
- Don't trust the man behind the curtain.
- The web version requires the Unity Web Player.
- There is a bug, that lets you continue before all balls are released. I don't know why. It shouldn't affect game play much.
- Sometimes it releases double balls, as well. In that case, enjoy!
- I haven't tested the Linux version. Let me know if it works in the comments.
It's pachinko! Want something else? NO! You only get one!
You must sign in to comment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to place in the final results, you NEED votes. The easiest way to get votes is by rating other games. Judging lasts for 3 weeks following the end of Ludum Dare. For best effect, rate 20 games as soon as possible. Rating more games is encouraged.
MORE TIPS AND DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up.
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.