Ludum Dare 24
August 24th-27th 2012 :: Theme: Evolution
Survival Of The Tastiest - zeh - 48 Hour Compo Entry
The game is in the form of an Android APK. It was made for multi-touch devices, although there's a version you can play online (press CTRL/CMD to simulate multi-touch).
And it kinda, sorta, maybe works! A lot was left out. Alas, it was fun, especially as a first Ludum Dare entry!
Spawn pastas (by "ordering" them) and conquer the table! It is kind of challenging. There are right moments to spawn stuff.
You CANNOT control the flying pasta. That's not the idea. The idea is to have autonomous flying pasta! They're sort of dumb sometimes, though. Pasta technology is still a work in progress.
Be sure to check the plate's bills! They indicate the plate's state, like who's conquering it and who it belongs to (also indicated by the plate's colors).
The game decidedly fails to explain the gameplay well and should be judged as such. But if you're curious about what it's trying to do, there's some more information in the postmortem:
* It may crash eventually after a long time (texture memory problems probably)
* When you open the order menu, sometimes it doesn't let you close it anymore
* On Android, you need to install Adobe AIR prior to running the game (you're automatically redirected when running it for the first time)
* On Android, after the game ends, you can't restart it. You have to close it manually, either on the application settings, or calling the task switcher and swiping it away (Android 4+)
* I lowered the quality of the images to around 60% on Androids to avoid memory issues, since I couldn't do a lot of debugging. Sorry for the eventual bad texture quality
* On Android, the game will work on all devices that support AIR, but it's mostly meant for tablets; playing on phones will probably be frustrating
You must sign in to comment.