Ludum Dare 24
August 24th-27th 2012 :: Theme: Evolution
The Singularity is Here! - josefnpat - 48 Hour Compo Entry
The Singularity is Here!
Update: v55 [7e69767]
48 Hour Compo Entry is tagged v1.0 in GitHub.
Windows 32 (15.6MB): http://goo.gl/70wq1
Windows 64 (15.9MB): http://goo.gl/WAAIC
OS/X (24.5MB): http://goo.gl/Xs6JB
Love (13.8MB): http://goo.gl/i2ScR
The year is 2045, and the singularity is here. Machines have evolved, and
they're gunning for us. Ray Kurzweil predicted it, but he didn't imagine that
it would start an armageddon between man and machine. Our three heroes,
Kurtz, Tuxxer and Charlie, set off in a daring do or die adventure to destroy
the central computer which runs all of the AI.
Destroy the evil AI ships so you can plant the nuke at the central computer.
You have three unique lives to do so.
The game has three subtle modes:
Easy: Finish the game. Everyone is expendable.
Medium: Finish the game only losing one comrade.
Hard: Finish the game with the whole team in one piece.
* Use your movement keys to avoid the falling bullets.
* Space to shoot!
* +1pt for every hit!
* -1pt for every miss.
* Three original almost-human characters made in GIMP!
* 13 original things that look like spaceships made in Alchemy!
* Original music made in LSDJ!
* Over 35 unique sound bytes made by one voice actor! (There's 36)
* Tons of fun dialog that will make you think twice about your life!
* Awesome slash screens that will make you pee your pants!
* Beautiful dynamic menus with three different backgrounds!
* Font made with tons of pixels in fontstruct.
* Awesome sound effects effortlessly generated with bfxr using all eight bits!
* Wild and Crazy 3D like moving background thing that will eat your CPU!
**If you are running OS/X, you may find that it will lag.**
To fix this, disable SFX in the main menu!
You must sign in to comment.