Ludum Dare 23
April 20th-23rd 2012 :: 10 Year Anniversary! :: Theme: Tiny World
Stupid Ants - rvmook - 48 Hour Compo Entry
Ants are stupid, they just walk around randomly. Help them collect food by marking a path. Food means more ants, more ants > more food > more ants... You get what I'm saying.
Try to gather 200 ants before the time runs out !
- ants pickup food (berries and sugar)
- if they bring it back to a heap, more ants will come
- create bounding boxes to keep them in a certain area
- use your boxes wisely, sometimes it's better to just let them run arround
-- UPDATE --
Thanks for the comments so far, here's a quick apology on why the game is so short.
I tried to implement different levels so you could get the hang of how the boxes would react and what the better tactics were. But unfortunately I ran out of time leaving the game without levels but with a few bugs. Those bugs are:
- once the food recource is gone all remaining recources (if the ants are still carrying them) won't spawn any new ants.
- when you deselect a tile the collision detection fails horribly and warps ants at the border to an adjacent tile.
For those who are interested, I'll try to upload a fixed and an enhanced version somewhere this weekend.
-- THANKS FOR PLAYING --
You must sign in to comment.