Ludum Dare 23
April 20th-23rd 2012 :: 10 Year Anniversary! :: Theme: Tiny World
Atomsmash - Dan C - 48 Hour Compo Entry
An evil atom faction has somehow built a tiny empire out of even smaller particles. It is your duty to annihilate them for some reason.
This is a game for the Commodore 64 made using the Shoot 'em up Construction Kit. To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Ludum Dare I decided to go back to my roots and make a game for my first computer :).
It's not very finished and therefore not very good even for a SEUCK game, but here it is anyway. I hope you manage to derive some fun from it.
The disk image contains both the game executable ("Atomsmash"), and the SEUCK data files ("Atomsmash Data"). You can load it on a C64 emulator or on a real C64, like I did :).
1. Download CCS64 from http://www.ccs64.com/
2. Run the emulator and drag the disk image into the emulator window.
3. The disk boots and loads. The screen will flash different colours until this is done. This takes a minute or so since it's emulating the original floppy drive from 1982 :).
4. While the game is loading you can configure an emulated input device. To do this:
5. Press F10 and navigate to Options > Input
6. Configure an emulated joystick on either control port one or two, it doesn't matter which (or you can configure both and play two-player).
7. Press escape until you get back to the game/loading screen.
I did want to provide an easy way to play online without an emulator but I haven't had a chance to do this due to illness. Sorry :(.
You must sign in to comment.