Ludum Dare 23
April 20th-23rd 2012 :: 10 Year Anniversary! :: Theme: Tiny World
Overpopulous - Make A Game - Jam Entry
"Overpopulous" is a game about space colonization.
Mengolia is overpopulated.
Major advancements were made in interstellar traveling to colonize other planets.
Today is the day the first manned shuttle will leave your planet in search of a new home.
But, oblivious to everyone, the shuttle is upside down.
And then it propels the whole planet through space.
You can still colonize though - at the speed of light!
How to play:
- Press the SPACE key to blast off!
- Use the A, D, left or right directional arrows to steer your ship.
- Crash into a planet to colonize it.
- If a colonized planet crashes into an empty planet, it colonizes it and starting a Combo counter.
- Crashing into planets and satellites (natural and artificial) fill your Blast Off meter, allowing you to use it again once it's complete.
- When hit, artificial satellites and spaceships release astronauts that can be picked up to start a Colonization Multiplier.
- You can stack Colonization Multipliers until you hit an empty planet.
- Avoid the Sun!
- Be a sport and post your Best Time and Score. ;)
We've been working hard to fix some game breaking bugs.
Hopefully the game is more playable now that the Home World doesn't disappear (we think) from the screen.
- Some animations need speed tweaks.
- Combos sometimes don't end.
- Combo and Multiplier counter sometimes don't appear (but points are still given).
- Planets that crashes into Sun isn't removed from the total number of planets and doesn't subtract score (don't worry though, only colonized planets are destroyed by the Sun).
- Some physics are f#&%$ up!
- Leaderboards button in main menu leads nowhere.
- Intro animations aren't playing completely.
- Planet number should be random.
- ESC should bring up Pause Menu.
- No end screen when colonizing all planets.
- No Retry option on Game Over.
- Particle system is disabled.
You must sign in to comment.