Ludum Dare 23
April 20th-23rd 2012 :: 10 Year Anniversary! :: Theme: Tiny World
Forever Alone - ra4king - Jam Entry
Our first ever Ludum Dare! We're pretty proud of this....
Idea was djdduty's, but he didn't participate.
Me and razorquick expanded upon it.
You need at least Java 6 to run this. Get it here www.java.com
WASD to move
Hover over planets to popup info window.
Expand the drop downs to interact.
- To Fix: metal = level x 20, oil = level x 10, slaves = level x 5
- To Upgrade: metal = level x 50, oil = level x 20, slaves = level x 10
Home Planet info:
- To Upgrade: wood = level x 100, stone = level x 70, slaves = level x 50
You're a dejected robot on your tiny home planet, all alone with no resources. One day a random spaceship crashes into your planet, which you proceed to claim as your own!
You start adventuring around your "cluster" of planets (50 of them), quietly stealing resources necessary to upgrade your spaceship and your home planet.
Your goal is to conquer the universe, by destroying all 50 planets, making you the most powerful robot ever....all alone.....Forever Alone......
How To Play:
- To take an action on a planet, you hover your ship over it where a window will popup on the lower right hand corner of the screen. Expand the tab to take actions!
- You can only manage to quietly steal from a planet once, all further attempts will cause them to notice you and hurt you by 10 HP. You do still manage to steal, but not as much as the first time.
- Attacking a planet will make you take all their resources (to the max your spaceship can hold), and even the population become slaves. However, your HP will go down by the planet's Defense value.
- Your home planet is where you store your resources. Storing puts all your resources on the planet. Equipping equips your ship up to the max it can hold.
- There is no point to upgrade your home planet, that was for a proposed idea where planets attack your home to try and stop your unending rampage!
- Your ship's max HP and max resource capacity can be increased by upgrading your ship.
The background music is Clair de Lune by Debussy. I would have performed it (I'm a professional pianist), but I had no time and ended up using an online source. I don't believe you can copyright such music, so it's considered public domain.
It has quite a bit of data to load, so give it a minute...I should have put a loading screen :P
Coded by me from scratch using my lovely game library: java-game-utils.googlecode.com
Art is by razorquick. He's pretty awesome. :P
You must sign in to comment.