Ludum Dare 23
April 20th-23rd 2012 :: 10 Year Anniversary! :: Theme: Tiny World
Tiny World '82 - BleuLlama - Jam Entry
This is VERY incomplete. It's not even a game yet. Various things conspired against me, preventing me from getting a proper game even reasonably fleshed out. Instead, I have this. It's just the beginnings of an old-school game. Old enough school, in fact, that it requires an emulator (like MAME) to run. It is a romset for "mspacmab" (bootleg ms pac-man) arcade hardware. (Z80 using my z80 game kernel, available on google code)
About all you can do is drop a coin, hit start, and move the red duck dragon around the planet. I have a lot of a game designed, and will probably flesh it out over the coming weeks, but until then, here ya go.
Download the MAME zip, rename it "mspacmab.zip" drop it in your MAME ROMS folder, then select that romset when you run MAME.
To play in google chrome:
1. download the link labelled 'mspacmab' above
2. rename the "TinyWorld82_002_mspacmab.zip" file as "mspacmab.zip"
3. install the Robby Roto MAME port in chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kcfbijoldkenmemnbbkjnpdhnijgahck?hl=en-US
4. run it
5. select the link at the bottom: "Click here to run MAME with your own ROMs"
6. find the "mspacmab.zip" file
7. press 'start game'
You must sign in to comment.