Ludum Dare 18
August 20th-23rd, 2010
Theme: Enemies as Weapons
HAckBotz - recursor - Competition Entry
You are a roboticist trapped in a secret government with a bunch of malfunctioning robots. Thankfully, even though you are unarmed, you've got skillz in that you can hack most of the robots (except for the orange ones) given the SX3000 replacement circuit board. Hacking requires you sneak up behind a robot when he is not looking and touch him (make sure you have a circuit board and are standing on the ground - not in the air). The goal: get out of the facility with your life intact.
NOTES *) The preloader does not appear to be working so you
might have to wait a few seconds while staring at
what looks like an almost empty webpage.
0) In normal mode, Z = jump
1) Orange robots are NOT hackable!
2) You must NOT be in the air when you attempt to hack a robot or you WILL fail.
3) Hacks don't last forever, so get done with the bot quickly.
4) It is required that you hack certain bots to open certain security gates. TrackBot opens the Blue gates. WheelBot opens the Red gates.
5) In hacked mode: Z = jump X = fire
6) Something I failed to get into the game instructions - the exit to each level looks kind of like an elevator door.
7) Stuck on a level with no way to finish it? No problem, just press 'Q' and the level will be reset ... but you will lose a life in the process.
You must sign in to comment.