Ludum Dare 18
August 20th-23rd, 2010
Theme: Enemies as Weapons
Protractor - KilledByAPixel - Competition Entry
My entry is called "Protractor", it's a katamari shmup! You WILL need the latest version of DirectX! Update if you see a missing dll errors. I also put up a link to an enhanced version with some post-deadline bug fixes and gameplay tweaks. Enjoy!
- Kill enemies and collect their parts to build.
- Use left mouse to pull parts to you to attach them.
- Colors indicate health level. Purple is super high health, red is about to die. Your ship will auto recharge health but other parts wont, unless you have a healer attached.
- Weapons are randomized but all have the same DPS so on average they will cause the same amount of damage. Larger bullets represent more damage.
- Try to keep your ship balanced or it will become difficult to control. Use engine placement to help balance things out.
- Triangle - Weapon (random but normalized to the same DPS)
- Square - Healer (auto repairs ship and attached parts)
- Pentagon - Speed Booster (increases speed and turn rate)
- Circle - Extender (allows for expansion)
- Left mouse - Move parts
- Spacebar or Right mouse - Shoot
- WASD - Move your ship
- Alt+Enter - Go fullscreen (recommended)
- Visual C++ 2010 Express
- Frank Engine (my open source game engine)
- Box2d physics
- SFXR and Audacity for sound effects
- GIMP for image editing
- Tortoise SVN for revision control
You must sign in to comment.