If there is an LD11.
OK, at the moment I’m learning how to code in C++, is that a recommended language to be used in LD11?
I’ve tried to look at the pros and con’s, and found:
- It is Object Orientated, which may persuade me not to use plain structured and a loop.
- It is a compiled language, so it should be easier to make it cross platform
- It should run faster as well
- It is great for text based games
- I’m not great at it
- I have no idea how to GFX in it
- I’ve not touched the language since 2004, and the whole thing was different back then.
At the moment it looks like the pros are greater than the con’s, but, is it a better language overall?
I mean python is written on top of C++, so that means that the person who made Python can’t of been to happy with C++ if he made is own one, either that or he was bored.
If python is written in C++ then That could mean that it is an ”improved” version of C++, leading me to think that that is better.
However, I already know python, so it would be a good learning experience for me to learn C++, and someone gave me a Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days, so I’m trying to learn that. (Not the average item on a 12 year olds list )
Also, I may be making a text based game next time, is it worth it?It would take less time, I’d imagine, and I don’t know how to do GFX in C++.
Please replyas a comment, awaiting your replies.