I work as game dev in an indie game company, Motion Twin :)
About deepnight (twitter: @deepnightfr)
Ludum Dare 26
Ludum Dare 25
Ludum Dare 24
Ludum Dare 23
Ludum Dare 22
Ludum Dare 21
Ludum Dare 20
Ludum Dare 19
Archive for the ‘LD #24’ Category
What was great:
- I was really happy when the overall combat feeling! Diablo 3 inspired me a lot, they use many great & clever tricks to achieve this feeling.
- the traditional beat-em-up gameplay is faithful to original models
- I made a music Well, I know it sucks and it is really basic, but I made one!
- I was in coding fury on Saturday Lots of work has been done in quite a short time!
What went wrong :
- I couldn’t figure a game idea until Saturday morning, and thus lost lots of time
- I wasn’t really efficient on Sunday : I lost myself in trivial detail, and didn’t work on important parts…
- couldn’t make a decent ending
This leaves lots of room for a post compo version, so maybe I will work on that soon
I’m very happy with the animations so far You can try an old version here : link
I will now start working the ennemies AI… Pretty tough part…
Trying to make a nice punch anim for my beat-em-up
Just trying the basic controls, still lots of things to do!
Use ARROWS + SPACE
This time, I will make a Beat-em-up : remember street of Rage? You get the point!
The principle is simple: you play as a corporate employee and you make your way in the hierarchy and try to evolve in the company beating up all your (evil, of course) collegues. Make them suffer, be the best…
Prepare for battle!