A High-School student on weekday, A game developer on weekend ! I used Unity to make game, and I started making games since last year. It's great to have people interact with idea that's in mind at first.
About vitou3d (twitter: @vitouphy)
Archive for the ‘LD #23’ Category
This is my first time I joined Ludumdare with my little game called “Magic House“. I have to say LDD is pretty good, challenging, hard, educational, and at the same time, fun as well.
Over 1400 people worked so hard in 2 days (or 3)to create a game base on a theme (“Tiny World”). This is what it’s all about. Have a little amount of time, and create something that entertains people. And, of course, no developer wants players to comment that his/her game is an absolute waste of time. That’s what make it Challenging!!!
Besides from challenging with yourself and participants to see who create the coolest game, it’s surely so educational that we can add up more ideas to our mind. It’s hard to think everything on something in such little time. So we might miss a spot here and there. However, by playing and judging other entries, we really can learn more cool things that we might not think of. Moreover, we absolutely can learn from our struggling that we had while we were creating game. Not only that, but also we all had players who play our game and give us some helpful comments to let us see what we are missing and what makes them happy. As a result from these, I’m sure some of you have learned some awesome things from this.
Overall, it is fun to join Ludumdare. We challenge the time, ourselves, and entries. We gain more knowledge, have great fun, and make us a better game developer. I had a blast with Ludumdare 23. And I’m looking forward to join this every single time.
This is my first time I participate in Ludum Dare. I have never made any games in such little time, but I’m glad that I got my game finish in time and take part in a contest which has 1400+ entries.
This is the link to my entry, Magic House, : http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-23/?action=preview&uid=12912
After completing my entry and submitting it to the site, I found a few good things and bad things that happened while making it.
What went right :
– I got the models, game-play, level design completed the way I want it to be.
– The models aren’t bad. They’re sort of acceptable.
– Scripting went smoothly. There aren’t so many bugs going on.
What went wrong:
– Run out of time : Though my entry is Jam but I didn’t have 72 hours to work on it. In fact, I had only less than 48 hours.
– I planned to have too many models in the scene. I don’t want players to see the same objects every single level. And since I’m not entirely a great modeler, modeling part took lots of time.
– No audio : I always have problem when it comes to making music. I have never worked on music before, so this part is kinda tough. Not mention, I had no time left to work on music.
Though there are lots of mistakes within my first Ludum Dare, I’m glad that I take part in and learn about time management. I’m looking forward to join LDD again next time.
This is absolutely freaking me out! As there are some couple minutes left, I try to submit my game. But it’s not working. What’s exactly going on here?