Ludum Dare 23
Archive for the ‘LD #23’ Category
I just submitted my entry, and I think my game came out pretty good. Gonna go take a much needed break for a bit, then check out some of the other entries.
I couldn’t really think of a name so “Tiny World – God Mode Edition” will have to suffice. I’m pretty sure I finished all of my goals, but I’m sure that with more time my gameplay could be tweaked quite a bit.
Do I dare say this could actually end up being a fun game?
Since my last update I have completed quite a bit.
- 3 God effects: Rain, Create Food Source, and Plague
- Inhabitant death and procreation
- Basic GUI (needs quite some work still)
- Create more God abilities. Thinking Earthquake and Alien Attack would be fun.
- Create the “God store”. The one stop shop for all your godly upgrades.
- Better GUI
- Polish, Polish, Polish
Good luck and have fun everyone!
So far I’ve been working for about 4 hours today, and I’ve made quite a bit of progress since last night. My world generation is pretty much done, but I’m sure it will get some polish tomorrow.
- World creation
- Inhabitant generation
- Inhabitant lifecycle
- Inhabitants migrate to find food/water as needed
- Add fun God tools like creating rain, miracles, etc
- Inhabitant inspector that shows current food/drink levels
- Land tile status display that shows food/water levels
I was able to get started on my game just about an hour after the topic was announced. After spending a few hours trying to get my triangular tiles to be position/rotated correctly, they now properly make up my tiny world. Today I will be working on making tiles to represent different biomes, and getting tiny people to wander around the world. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I will have some sort of “play god” type of game where you control the fates of your tiny world inhabitants.