Game Dev! Global Game Jam! Ludum Dare! Musician!
About Sanguine (twitter: @AranKoning)
Ludum Dare 27
Ludum Dare 26
Ludum Dare 25
Ludum Dare 24
Ludum Dare 23
Ludum Dare 22
Ludum Dare 21
Archive for the ‘LD #23’ Category
Here is the post mortem for $ales, my real world trading simulation game. Check it out here.
What went well:
- Discipline, the first day I woke up at 5 AM, specifically for Ludum Dare. Normally I never do this.
- I had a solid idea very quickly, even though I didn’t really like the theme at that theme.
- I knew my software, GameMaker, really well. I had no problem solving any problem at all.
- I quickly created my art, even though there was not a lot of art involved.
- I didn’t get distracted by the IRC, I just regularly checked it.
- The voice acting, it was my first time ever doing something with voice acting in a game, and I think it turned out pretty well.
What could have gone better:
- I should have coded the economy system better, so that it can be randomized, now everything is pretty much hard-coded.
- The trading menu looks a bit boring, but I didn’t know how to fix that.
- I should have come up with a better technical system to show the world map. Right now I was limited in my sprite size due to the size of the world map.
I think it was one of my better Ludum Dares. Definitely better than the last one. I am looking forward to LD24!
First blogpost! Okay here we go. I woke up around 5AM, had a look at the theme and decided it was time to get started. I didn’t really have to think long about what kind of game I wanted to make, I wanted to make a game about trading. This has been in my head for quite some time and this was the ideal time to execute it. I’m not going to tell too much about the game yet, but here is a screenshot. Soon time for coffee!
I’m excited! Just a few days to go!
Either Unity or Game Maker 8.1, it really depends on what I plan on doing.
Ableton Live for the music and probably SFXR + Audacity for sound effects
PyxelEdit by fellow LDer Danik! If I plan on doing 3D stuff, then probably Blender I guess.
I might do a timelapse, but I’m not too sure yet.