Ludum Dare 23
Archive for the ‘LD #23’ Category
Dunscape was my first LD, and more or less my first “finished” game too.
What went right:
- I had a lot of fun during this LD! It’s almost certain that I will participate to next!
- I know most better the langage and library now.
- I have finished the game on time!
- My random room/world generator work pretty well.
What went wrong:
- My time management! I have used only 17 of the 48h available and the victory condition of the game isn’t actually nice because of that
- I really need to train my drawing skill, I’m only proud of my rat!
- I had the idea of the game before having the theme and “just” adapted the game to it, I’m not sure if it’s the good way to do a good game.
- It’s hard to speak/write english during a whole week-end without knowing the language well!
Finally, I m not disappointed by my participation, I did not know if I will have the ability to succeed but apparently I got it!
The game looks to be classified as “difficult”, but it is a choice, I always found the roguelikes difficult although I love them, and I wanted to try to honor them! Next time I will try maybe to make a game in ASCII if I do another roguelike game ^^
It’s work ! My player can move around a fully generated world of 4 differents zones !
Now I need to add a little interface, and maybe design the player sprite…
demo here for windows and linux: Bitbucket
numpad 1 to 9 to move.
- Design multiples zones.
- Generate multiples zones.
- Generate a world using and connecting the zones.
- Create a player.
- Move the player on the start zone.
- Design more other zones.
- Design the player.
- Move the player around the world.
- Add hunting creatures and items.
- Give life to player and creatures.
- Make start and goal of the game.
5/11 Done in approximately 8 hours of works, I think it’s still possible to finish the LD tomorrow if I don’t wake up to late !
so, good night and good luck everyone ! Tomorrow will come the first demo of the game !
Bitbucket repository of the game with my timeline in the README
After 2 hours of works, I only have a “zone” generation of my world, but it’s not to bad, I think…
Hello everyone !
This will be my first LD and I’m pretty sure I don’t finish it. But why not, I will try to do my best !
- C with SDL under gedit for the code (I can compile under windows and linux but I don’t have OSX to port on it too)
- bitbucket to store it
- BFXR for the sound if I find how to make them nice to hear
- optionnally Audacity if I find a nice music generator
- Gimp for the “graphics” part
And IRC for the communication if I success to not write to bad !
(is there some French LDers online this week-end for provide me some advices ? ^^)