I paint, code, and mess around. More of my stuff at http://bitbof.com
About bitbof (twitter: @bitbof)
Ludum Dare 26
Ludum Dare 25
Ludum Dare 23
Ludum Dare 22
Ludum Dare 21
Archive for the ‘LD #23’ Category
This time I had the goal of making a game that I’d like to play within the context of Ludum Dare. Something that is still enjoyable although you just played a ton of other short games and your patience is running low. Here are some of my criteria:
- Needs to deliver in 1-5 minutes (show interesting stuff as early as possible)
- Don’t let the player wait
- Simple to grasp game concept (I get braindead after playing a lot of different games)
- Easy to play through
- Something isn’t interesting when most other games do the same thing
- Music and sound that don’t cause ear-cancer (music that loops too obviously is super annoying, huge jumps in volume are annoying)
- A 5 minute experience with proper beginning and ending
How it went: (more…)
I figured my game looks best in motion. THUS, VIDEO!
So here is my game, my third one here at Ludum Dare. I am happy with the result and hope that you have fun playing it.
Okay, so I’m mostly done. Can’t make myself write a lot because there is still stuff to do (intro, ending).
You can test the current state
Can you guess what game inspired the music?
Okay, I think this time I got a fairly realistic idea relatively early (3h in). Last time I spend almost a full day, so that makes me happy.
It’s gonna be about small things that stick together and spin (hopefully that’s cryptic enough). After posting this I will immediately begin coding.
What I will use: Java with Libgdx, Ableton Live (music+sound), and Photoshop.
hf gl to everyone