About Riley Adams
Ludum Dare 26
Ludum Dare 21
Ludum Dare 19
Ludum Dare 18
Ludum Dare 17
Riley Adams's Trophies
Archive for the ‘LD #21’ Category
Getting ready, I’m also wrapping up a Google Summer of Code project, so this is going to be a busy day…
I started hacking up a base framework thingy, so here’s my declaration of using it and a github link (it’s not really usable yet, and likely won’t be until just before the compo, but it’s open source and whatnot).
Also, here’s a snazzy workspace photo:
I’ll be doing most of the work in Linux with the machine on the right, while the laptop continuously pulls from git and builds in Windows (and runs IRC on the far left monitor).
I’m in! This’ll be my fifth LD.
As usual I’ll be using C++. Probably using Ogre, Bullet, OpenAL, and perhaps Lua/Luabind. I’ll link my base framework thingy once I’ve written it…
- Blender: For making pretty 3d thingys.
- Gimp: For making ugly 2d thingys.
- vim: For making that stuff that tells the computer what to do.
- g++: For making the computer understand that stuff.
- scrot: For taking pretty pictures of my desktop.
- CMake: For building.
- CTest/CDash: For continuous integration (mainly because “continuous integration” is fun to say).
- git (hosted on Github): For version control.
I’ll be doing 90% of the actual development in Linux, but I’m mainly targeting Windows, so I’ll be pushing changes to a github repo, and having a secondary Windows box continuously pulling changes and building. This should let me work in my preferred environment (Linux), but still ensure it’s working and building in Windows at the same time.
Here’s a little picture of my previous entries (I saw a bunch of these last time I did LD):