Archive for the ‘LD #21’ Category
Wow, my first Ludum Dare was a lot of fun.
Some things I think we did well:
- Practically as soon as the theme was announced, me and my artist came up with an idea. A simple one, and we decided to stick with it and not bother brainstorming other things.
- Letting the level designer…well, design levels. He spent practically as much time as me working, and I liked the end result.
- Last minute decision by me, the programmer, to redo the artist’s stick figures into something a little nicer.
Some things that went wrong:
- Last day spent begging people to test, and fixing their tiny suggestions, while ignoring the big problem-the collision engine.
- Artist only worked for about 2 hours, so she never had time to make helicopter animations or anything.
Well, I liked how those human sprites turned out. I’m working on a game using them as a template now. I don’t think I’ll keep working on Escape from Shimishland. Depends on what my team thinks.