Tech director of Spotlightor Interactive - an interaction design studio located in Bejing, China.
About Spotlightor Gao
Ludum Dare 26
Ludum Dare 25
Ludum Dare 24
Ludum Dare 22
Ludum Dare 21
Ludum Dare 19
Spotlightor Gao's Trophies
Archive for the ‘LD #19 – Discovery – 2010’ Category
This is my 1st LD, and I’m just so excited about it. I spent about 5 hours to get an good idea for the theme.
The name of the game will be “Land of Discovery”, and the concept is:
- You(Maybe a knight good at sword and magic) are trapped in a strange land.
- Here, you will constantly discover something(e.g. a new discovery for every 10s).
- The discovery will be totally random: a stone platform to stand on, a monster to fight, a recovery potion…
- When LV up, you will get a chance to increase your forecasting skill or battle skill. Forecasting skill will give you a chance to forecast the discovery in the near future(e.g. you forecast you will encounter a monster in 10s, however you don’t know the type of the monster.)
- You need to combine the discoveries to achieve the goal of current game level, e.g. kill a dragon or arrived at some place.
I’ll use unity as my game engine, but my 3d modeling skill is almost ZERO… So I think the game world will end up with plenty of primitives.