About DeathBySnail (twitter: @Adam_DBS)
Ludum Dare 26
Ludum Dare 25
Ludum Dare 23
Ludum Dare 19
Ludum Dare 18
Archive for the ‘LD #18 – Enemies as Weapons – 2010’ Category
Spent this morning polishing off the game. Now doesn’t break for people with lower-than-average pc’s. Also contemplated adding UFO’s, but i can’t draw them at all
So i submitted it, final entry is found here:
Here is what i have learned during the past 30 hours:
- Simple ideas can sometimes turn out more fun than complex ones
- It doesn’t matter if you are a terrible artist, as long as you are a consistant one
- There isn’t enough accordian in games these days
- Adding a simple 3-beat drum can make a sinister theme even more menacing
- Passing around a struct of system classes is much cleaner and easier to use than making everything a singleton
- I can make a game in 48 hours or less! I really suprised myself! (for reference, the second fastest game made by me took a month :O)
- You can never eat enough noodles + bread
It’s been fun. Especially knowing that i’m not the only person who has the time and enthusiasm to take part in an event like this.
I’ll definately be entering LD #19!
16 hours of work and i have pretty much finished; only need to add polish and test it on other computers.
- Alien on Alien action
- quality handmade tunes / sound effects
- Fully working yet crooked animations
- win / lose condition
Probably one of the more fun designs i have come up with for a game. You can’t go wrong with running and jumping!
So far i have really enjoyed this competition, and learned plenty.
It should be called “Go Right to not die” , but i was tired when i drew the logo, so thought i’d stick with it :/
Here’s a screenshot of the current status, after 7 hours of work.
made some crude animations for my objects, game’s looking pretty weird.
To fit the theme, you have to slow the giant thing down by feeding him little evil stuff.
I’ve known of this compo for a while, but only just recently decided that I want to take part!
Bearing in mind the fastest game I’ve made took a month, I’m curious to see how much can be done within a weekend.
I’ll be programming in C++, using HGE + Audiere. Wish me luck!