Ludum Dare 23
So far we have learned
- It is possible to do a complete game from scratch in 48 hours. We thought we would have a lot more problems, but in the end everything went quite smoothly.
- We used GitHub for version control. It was the first time for both of us and we didn’t really get the hang of it. But in the end it worked alright.
- Doing sound effects is hard. In the end all the sound effects in the game were done by sampling various things. The splash sounds for instase were done by me vocally.
- XNA actually worked really well.
- We had a lot of fun! Now we will have even more fun testing everyone else’s games! A lot of them already look seriously cool!
We’ve got some basic functionality in place. See the my last post for our game idea.
We are two guys from Sweden, who are planning of taking part in the 72 hour Jam!
This will be our first time competing in the Ludum Dare. Our main goal is to have lots of fun and hopefully learn something new!
Our duo consists of zorf (me, programming & graphics) and mupp (programming, graphics & music).
- Visual Studio 2010 C# Express (most likely)
Good luck everyone and have fun!