About Rialgar (twitter: @Rialgar42)
Ludum Dare 29
Ludum Dare 28
Ludum Dare 27
Ludum Dare 26
Ludum Dare 25
Ludum Dare 24
Ludum Dare 23
Ludum Dare 22
Ludum Dare 21
Ludum Dare 20
So to prove that I really make these Let’s Plays and that I am not just fishing for comments on my game: the first three are done and uploaded:
- Flip by yetanother: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CL-XeG-9ns
- Gun Digger by unpromtped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCW8YARkuc
- Sub Terraria Zero by Photon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34Q4LE6ooAE
Or use my channel: (the username is old, too old and as it is only visible in the url I have no idea how to change it)
Hi all, I had a great time this LD so far, I hope you had, too.
Last time, a friend of mine (Fenmar) made let’s play videos of some of the games he played. I think this is awesome, because you can actually see how good your game works. So I decided to do the same thing this LD. I will try to do it with everyone who comments on my game (with feedback, of course), but depending on the number of comments, my time might get short. I will continue even after voting closes, if necessary, but I can not make any promises.
I will give a link to my youtube channel as soon as I really uploaded some of them.
Have fun playing and rating!
My roommate made 4Cheese Pizza :D! YAY!
So I am making a digging game …. with PARTICLES!
Having a run of 9 Ludum Dares I took part in and never having missed one since I began, I keep going. I will reach double digits if I make it after all!
Tools/Librarys I might use:
- Sublime Text 2
- Music Creator 6
- Chrome/Firefox Developer Tools
On a side note: Do you think it is OK to use Suzanne (the Monkey-ish base object of Blender) as a character model in the Compo? What about using it as a base and modifying it?
We know rating time is almost up and we know we didn’t rate much ourselves, but we keep on rating now and would like you to do so, too! Look out for games that have less then 20 ratings and give them a go (if you can)! One such game is ours: Space Adventures!
Thanks in advance, Rialgar and Xeno42alpha.
Xeno just finished the Player Ship:
Me and xeno42alpha are in for the Jam, yet we hope to complete in 48hours, I will be our representative.
We might use any of the following to create a html5 game:
- Sublime Text 2, SciTE
- Google Chrome and Firefox Dev Tools
- Music Creator 6 (was cheap in Steam during a sale^^)
- ThreeJS (WebGL Library)
- The Scoreoid Mega Game Assets Pack
- Anything we find on the web and are allowed to use
Good luck! Have fun! Make some awesome games!
Click the green thing on the right to make green metaballs, everything else is automatic. Waiting longer tends to be better. The Goal is to conquer the targets that pop up from time to time.
So usually I get playable stuff early and fancy stuff later, but this time it’s different. Because I just wanted to play around with shaders and procedurally created 2D Graphics, I have some fancy looks, but your interaction possibillities are quite limmited. You can give it a try anyways.
I am not quite sure what to add, yet. I came up with some possibilities.
- Let you spend points for upgrades, the AI would NOT do this, but a certain amoint of points would mean winning, so you need to spend carefully to avoid the AI winning while you are building up.
- Let you influence the creation in more detail: e.g. hammering space makes it a little faster.
- Let you influence the balls themselfes by attracting them to the mouse/pushing them from the mouse – this would be mean disabling the aiming for the target for the player.
I would really appreciate any thoughts on that.
Obviously, whatever I go for has potential for multiplayer, because it is symmetric. However, I am not experienced in establishing multiplayer games, especially as there is some randomness involved in the movement, so this will likely not happen in the compo.
No interactivity, yet, but 200 metaballs rendered on your gpu! (requires webgl)
This example runs with 60fps on my machine and somewhat slower on a friends, but this number is way larger than what the final game will use, so I think it will do.
- more fancy rendering
- an actual challenge
- athmosphere (music, sound)
- multiplayer??? (probably not in LD, but maybe post compo if I really like what I get to)
I plan the player controlling one crowd of metaballs that battles another, where they annihilate each other by getting close to one another.
no interactivity, yet, but 200 metaballs rendered on your gpu!, requires webgl
200 runs with 60fps on my machine and somewhat slower on a friends, but this number is not anywhere close to what the final game will use