With over 15 hours on the clock, level design can begin.
You’ve been living on your island for the past 10 years, away from the big harsh world.
One day, you come to the point where food is a problem, with starvation around the corner, you seek for food and a way back to the main land.
As you explore the world becomes lit, are you smart/fast enough to find food and a way out?
Created an ‘engine’ if you could call it that way, that works with ‘Tiled’ json output files.
Code: Coffeescript & Jawsjs (as much ‘class’ based as possible, but a bit messy for now)
A screenshot: (note, text are placeholders)
I’ll be joining again, for the second time, after a platformer (LD22).
Once again, I’ll be using JawsJs as engine.
Graphics: Photoshop – Pickle
If tilebased: Tiled
Editor: Sublime Text 2
And again I’ll be providing a stream on my new channel, http://www.twitch.tv/anibelung .
Above goes a timelapse of day 2.
I didn’t make enough levels in time, so I guess I’ll go for the jam.
Gratz to everyone who made it! And good luck to all jammers!
Sorry for the red frame, it’s the livestream one xD
Considering the theme, I decided to go platformer style.
Here’s a brief overview of the things I’ve done so far:
- A world, in a 720×480 viewport (canvas html5).
- Movement physics
- Item system : collide, use, pickup, drop, ..
- Weather (parallax)
- Clouds /background (parallax)
- Mood/atmosphere color
- Pause menu
- Sprites & Animation
- Weather, repeating image
- Clouds/bg, also repeated
- Data image, transparent with different colored pixels on it, placeholders for objects/walls
- Graphic, the actuall map graphic
- Json file: Taglines, mechanisms, mobs (?)
- Mob enities, but, alone? Didn’t figure it out yet.
- More sprites.
Work? It’ll have to wait ( if possible :S )! For too long I skipped ld48 editions, and it’s time to rectify this.
Here are just a few of the things that will keep me going:
- Libraries: Microphysics.js for all the physics.
- Sound: bfxr/sfxr for all the amazing sounds.
- Design: Photoshop, Pixel Blender for the pixelation.
- Music: Perhaps FL studio demo, if I make music.
- Snacks: 5 boxes of jaffa cakes, 2 boxes of buttercrisps, pindanuts, pistachios
- Drinks: Beer, coffee, soda.
- Food: Takeaways.