About neosam (twitter: @neosam_dev)
Ludum Dare 30
Ludum Dare 30 Warmup
Ludum Dare 29
Ludum Dare 23
Ludum Dare 21
Uploading a pretty sweet time lapse.
Awarded by Felix
on April 22, 2012
Here is a very short timelapse of my LD30 game:
I made a short testrun and I think I’m ready.
The code, which is undocumented because I was in a hurry, is available at github project which I made for it.
Have a nice weekend everyone, lots of while programming and maybe while watching Capaldi
Hello I’m Simon and you can count me in to Ludum Dare #30. I will use
- IDE: IntelliJ Idea
- Library: LibGDX
- Graphics: Inkscape and Spriter
- Music: Don’t know yet
- Other: Tiled, TexturePacker, git(hub)
I wish everyone lots of fun, a good time and I hope we can improve our skills again.
After two hours I could upload a fully funcational timelapse video of day1:
I already painted an image:
Hello Ludum Dare members,
I just uploaded my self made screencast bash scripts to github. It’s nothing special about them but maybe you can need it.
Cheers and Good Luck,
Hello everyone. I’m in for Ludum Dare 23 and will try my self made java engine JUltraGame which you can find at https://github.com/neosam/JUltraGame
Also I will use
- LMMS to make music,
- sfxr or bfxr for game sound
- Gimp, Inkscape or Blender for grahics (I will decide it next weekend
- IntelliJ Idea as IDE
- Ubuntu Linux as OS
For the timelapse I will use some of my self written bash scripts. I will upload them soon on https://github.com/neosam/scripts
This time I will be prepared, last time I didn’t finish… I also take part on the LD Test this weekend.
Good luck and much fun everyone!
I don’t know what I get done until ludum dare finishes. But I’m sure there will be no music or sound because I need this time for story mode.
I have a demo on http://dl-web.dropbox.com/u/2720564/LudumDare22/index.html
Day 1 of Ludum Dare 22 will end soon and I think my game is far enough to get it finished.
All the core programing stuff is nearly done. What do we have?
- Tiled background which can be leaded by an image. Translation between pixel color and
tile is done by a mapping table so I’m very flexible.
- Sprites (not yet animated) can move around and have collision detecton implemented.
- Background and foreground are repeated images which have a delay to the camera position
so we have a 3d-effect
- Keyboard input and action system is implemented so we can easily add new features.
And what are our todos?
- Of course, there must be a really cute and stupid story. I will do this now.
- Sprite animation.
- Sequence function for story mode.
- Cute and stupid paintings for character, tiles and story.
- Sound and music :).
You can play the current version at
Since I will use HTML5 and CoffeeScript I decided to use this leveleditor for my game: http://www.mapeditor.org/
The reason is that this one can export in json files which is easy to read.
I hope this post will help someone.
I’m in for Ludum Dare #22 and I think I will use
- Coffeescript and three.js
Now I submittet again because there is now music in the game. I used the ingame sounds like jumping or checkpoint as samples http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-21/?action=preview&uid=4864
BTW: That’s Bob:
Now I have a name and Story for the game. The unbelievable weired name “Dragon’s Bloodmoney”. The story is on picasaweb.
Please note that the story is very stupid because I don’t got a good idea: picasa album.