This weekend was my third ludum dare, at this moment i still have 5h40, but i give up, i am just not in the mood anymore for it…
So, instead of just throwing all the work, let me explain what i wanted to do, maybe one of you will be interested and may want to continue/finish it, i am not sure for myself, but i may trop to finish it myself later if the project interest some ou you.
With the theme “Beneath the Surface”, i wanted to make something different, and since i currently work on Android theses times, i wanted to do something with it and his sensors.
So the concept is simple:
When you start the application, it will locate your position (latitude, longitude and mainly altitude) with the GPS sensor, and at each tap on the screen, it will locate your new position and compare your current altitude with the starting one. If you have reached an altitude below 200 meter of the initial position (or the sea level), you win, and you can submit your path and “score” online.
For the technical part every tap will be stored in a SQLite database, and if you succeed, this database will be sent to a server with some id to recognize you, to permit to draw a path on google map or another for example.
Actually almost everything was done for the android and sqlite part, only the identification part missed and maybe some better design choice. for the web part, everything was working for the database part, and only the display and some interaction with google map or other was missing.
I am not sure if i explain well what i wanted (or if my text is correct, if you want to correct me don’t hesitate), but this is what i wanted to do.
Everything is available on dropbox here (the web part and an eclipse project)
I hope some of you will like the idea.
Good luck to all of you for the end of the compo and the jam !
I’m just (very very) a little late ! But i’m in !
And i will try to make my game in the remaining 15h !
My weapons ? Motivation, C, Curses, and an almost complete idea of story !
Wish me luck n_n
Dunscape was my first LD, and more or less my first “finished” game too.
What went right:
- I had a lot of fun during this LD! It’s almost certain that I will participate to next!
- I know most better the langage and library now.
- I have finished the game on time!
- My random room/world generator work pretty well.
What went wrong:
- My time management! I have used only 17 of the 48h available and the victory condition of the game isn’t actually nice because of that
- I really need to train my drawing skill, I’m only proud of my rat!
- I had the idea of the game before having the theme and “just” adapted the game to it, I’m not sure if it’s the good way to do a good game.
- It’s hard to speak/write english during a whole week-end without knowing the language well!
Finally, I m not disappointed by my participation, I did not know if I will have the ability to succeed but apparently I got it!
The game looks to be classified as “difficult”, but it is a choice, I always found the roguelikes difficult although I love them, and I wanted to try to honor them! Next time I will try maybe to make a game in ASCII if I do another roguelike game ^^
It’s work ! My player can move around a fully generated world of 4 differents zones !
Now I need to add a little interface, and maybe design the player sprite…
demo here for windows and linux: Bitbucket
numpad 1 to 9 to move.
- Design multiples zones.
- Generate multiples zones.
- Generate a world using and connecting the zones.
- Create a player.
- Move the player on the start zone.
- Design more other zones.
- Design the player.
- Move the player around the world.
- Add hunting creatures and items.
- Give life to player and creatures.
- Make start and goal of the game.
5/11 Done in approximately 8 hours of works, I think it’s still possible to finish the LD tomorrow if I don’t wake up to late !
so, good night and good luck everyone ! Tomorrow will come the first demo of the game !
Bitbucket repository of the game with my timeline in the README
After 2 hours of works, I only have a “zone” generation of my world, but it’s not to bad, I think…
Hello everyone !
This will be my first LD and I’m pretty sure I don’t finish it. But why not, I will try to do my best !
- C with SDL under gedit for the code (I can compile under windows and linux but I don’t have OSX to port on it too)
- bitbucket to store it
- BFXR for the sound if I find how to make them nice to hear
- optionnally Audacity if I find a nice music generator
- Gimp for the “graphics” part
And IRC for the communication if I success to not write to bad !
(is there some French LDers online this week-end for provide me some advices ? ^^)