I work as game dev in an indie game company, Motion Twin :)
About deepnight (twitter: @deepnightfr)
Ludum Dare 27
Ludum Dare 26
Ludum Dare 25
Ludum Dare 24
Ludum Dare 23
Ludum Dare 22
Ludum Dare 21
Ludum Dare 20
Ludum Dare 19
Master of Pixels Award
Awarded by Selliato on May 3, 2013
The Friendly Zombies Award
Awarded by nSun on December 18, 2012
Pika's award : infinite sadness, forever...
Awarded by Lehun on April 24, 2012
the Tiny Sad Mood Award
Awarded by nSun on April 24, 2012
Secret Dev Award
Awarded by Selliato on April 21, 2012
Falling Forever Award
Awarded by RedError Suru on December 21, 2011
I’m really happy with the things I have right now. It’s fun to simply watch the Hero who explores the dungeon, kills mobs, taunts you and steal all YOUR loot.
But now, you can spend the anger he generated stealing your stuff to cast minions or traps.
Ghosts slow down the hero, Golems hit really strong but are slow, Chests can lure the hero into dead ends… Yours to kill this pretentious paladin the way you want.
You can click in the darkness to spawn mobs and try to kill the righteous green circle. Die die die!
Try tech demo here : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4952054/ludumdare25/demo04/index.html
The green ball is a cupid barbarian, crawling my little labyrinth, looking for the exit & some coins to steal from my treasure.
There’s nothing to stop him right now. But soon… Oh yeah soon… Dozens of minions will run over his dead body…
My game will be a reverse Gauntlet. One hero among the four archetypes will try to reach the exit. You will be able to spawn mobs on his way using Rage as mana. If the hero picks your gold or kill your minions, you gain Rage.
Now it’s time for some sleep…
I will once again be in this LD I just.. can’t.. wait to start it!
Tools used :
- flash / haxe (language)
- FlashDevelop (IDE)
- Photoshop (art)
- Musagi, SFXR, LabChirp, Audacity (sounds)
- Chronolapse (timelapse)
- GIT (maybe) for the source code
What was great:
- I was really happy when the overall combat feeling! Diablo 3 inspired me a lot, they use many great & clever tricks to achieve this feeling.
- the traditional beat-em-up gameplay is faithful to original models
- I made a music Well, I know it sucks and it is really basic, but I made one!
- I was in coding fury on Saturday Lots of work has been done in quite a short time!
What went wrong :
- I couldn’t figure a game idea until Saturday morning, and thus lost lots of time
- I wasn’t really efficient on Sunday : I lost myself in trivial detail, and didn’t work on important parts…
- couldn’t make a decent ending
This leaves lots of room for a post compo version, so maybe I will work on that soon
I’m very happy with the animations so far You can try an old version here : link
I will now start working the ennemies AI… Pretty tough part…
Trying to make a nice punch anim for my beat-em-up
Just trying the basic controls, still lots of things to do!
Use ARROWS + SPACE
This time, I will make a Beat-em-up : remember street of Rage? You get the point!
The principle is simple: you play as a corporate employee and you make your way in the hierarchy and try to evolve in the company beating up all your (evil, of course) collegues. Make them suffer, be the best…
Prepare for battle!