Australian web developer/designer, programmer, and game developer.
About BlackBulletIV (twitter: @BlackBulletIV)
Ludum Dare 25
Ludum Dare 23
Ludum Dare 22
Ludum Dare 21
I’ve been working on art most of today. I’ve done the sprites for the player and enemies, and have also started work on some tiles; the grass is better than I expected! The final thing I did was start work on a spawning system, though it will need some tweaking to make the game a bit more challenging.
Anyway, here’s a screenshot:
I think it’s about time I got some sleep; I’ve having slight hallucinations, like everything on the screen moving around, little flashes, etc. Anyway, since the last update I’ve added a scoring system of sorts (this will be an arcade game), and have tweaked a few other things.
Anyway, tomorrow is the big day, I hope it goes well!
It took we a while to get any idea at all, and I’m still not exactly sure where this is going. Nevertheless, this is a screenshot of what I’ve got done so far:
Most of it is game mechanics and the like, the visual side of things will probably begin in earnest tomorrow.
Well, this is my declaration of participation. It’s my fourth Ludum Dare; hopefully I’ll end up with something even better this time. As before, I’ll most likely be using FlashPunk to make the game.
Good luck everyone!
As promised, here’s the time-lapse for Uncorrupted. There’s probably around 25 hours of work jammed in there.
Alright, I just submitted my game, which I’ve entitled Uncorrupted. For more info, check out the submission page. I’ll also be posting a post-mortem, timelapse, and walkthrough sometime in the near future.
Before I submit it, some feedback on the game would be great. You can find the build (Flash) over here. Let me know if anything comes to mind while you’re playing, such as difficulty, bugs, visual errors, typos, etc.
I didn’t post another update last night because I was rushing to get as much done as possible; I wasn’t sure whether I’d make it. Things are looking good now, all I have left to do is create a couple more areas, a “game won” screen, and maybe improve a few minor things. I’ve got all the sound effects done, as well as the background ambience (although it seems FlashPunk has trouble looping audio perfectly). I’m definitely having fun writing all the text that goes in the notes, logs, and boards; if you play the game, be sure to read them all to get the most out of it.
Anyway, as usual, here’s a screenshot. It’s from the first area:
Well things are coming along, progress is being made at a rapid pace, though I’m really afraid it won’t be enough; we’ll see I guess. Anyway, since last time I’ve had a whole bunch of stuff, such as lighting, more tiles, doors, switches, an enemy type, and so on. Here’s a screenshot:
That’s all for now. Good luck everyone!
Well I’ve made some somewhat good progress today, I’ve got the basics down, a little art, etc. I’m doing a side-scrolling platformer, largely because I’m so familiar with them thanks to working on Illusive Dreams for quite a while. It’s a bit ambitious but I should be able to get more hours in this time around. I still have no idea what the story/theme will be, but I’m sure that will come; all I know is that it’s something to do the player being alone.
I guess I better put up my “I’m in” post. This will be my third Ludum Dare (the second that I’ll submit a game for – well, probably). I’ll be using FlashPunk this time around, as I’ve very familiar with it right now (having used it for the last few months on my next game), and it will be much easier for people to test it.
Anyway, good luck everyone! May the best developer win!
A bit over a day ago I released the first post-compo version of my game, Facilitated Escape. I’ve done quite a bit with it in the two weeks since Ludum Dare 21, such as making it a bit easier, and improving the visuals. Anyway, for more I’ll direct you to my website.
I’ve finally managed to crunch 95 GB of images into a time-lapse for my game, Facilitated Escape. You can view at the link below:
I released my game, entitled Facilitated Escape, earlier today. It revolves around escaping a collapsing facility of some kind in your rocket, the challenge coming from dodging oncoming “blocks”. See its entry page and its page on my website. I’ve also put together a gameplay video, and a time-lapse should be coming soon.
I’m going to have another shot (I failed last time) at Ludum Dare. Once again I’ll be using Love2D, except I won’t be using any framework with it this time; my framework crumpled with serious bugs last time.
Anyway, good luck to all developers!
The rules say
Base code and personal code libraries are allowed, but should be declared and shared with the community prior to beginning your entry. To do this, make a blog post.
So that’s what I’m doing. I’m using an engine/framework called LÖVE and I’ve collected some base code, which serves as a helper/organisational library, over a few projects. The relationship between my library and LÖVE I liken to using FlashPunk and Flash, so I’m assuming it’s fine, nevertheless I’ll leave it here.
You can download the library from my DropBox here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22660566/Love/love-lib.zip
The core folder contains the core classes, some helper stuff in there like tweens, easing functions, extensions to the API, etc. The ds folder contains two data structures, Vector (x/y vector) and SpecialLinkedList (a linked list with values as the nodes). The lib folder contains a small OOP library called MiddleClass, which allows me to create classes and the like in Lua.