What I may be using:
language: java for an android app or maybe I will fall back on to C++ & SDL
graphics: The Gimp most likely
music/sound (maybe): LMMS
OK I am a little bit undecided but I HAVE decided that I am in for Ludum Dare 23. and muffins. I most definitively need to get some muffins. Can’t do Ludum Dare without muffins. Mmm… muffins.
This was my first Ludum Dare and my first game I programmed too. My game was very simple but I wanted something I knew I could finish and finish I did.
What went right:
- The game got finished
- Fixed any major bugs
What went wrong:
- The goal of the game: it never really happened
- Bugs took a long time fix
- Ran out of muffins
What went into my belly:
- 6 muffins
- lots of soda
- Rigatoni with pasta sauce
- Angus burger
- chow mein
What I learned:
- You can make a very simple game in 48 hours while knowing practically nothing about game programming
- What a SIGTRAP is
- How to use Code::Blocks and its debugger
- You can never have too many muffins
- Pasta sucks without parmesan cheese
I thought I would make a explore the asteroid field game.
collision is working but all it does so far is show a BAM! image when you hit the asteroids so I need to work on that and an way to score points and a way to the show points I guess. So far I have amazed how much I got done. It helps having low standards I guess.