Ludum Dare 30 — August 22nd-25th 2014 — Theme: ??? (Suggest a Theme)
  • Ludum Dare 30 Begins: in 22 days, 17 hours, 36 minutes, 25 seconds
  • [ Real World Gatherings | Ludum Deals (coming soon) | MiniLD #53 ]

The LootCastle

Posted by (twitter: @StevenColling)
    February 12th, 2014 7:22 am

Hello everyone!

I just released my very first game The LootCastle, which is based on my LD25 entry from a year ago (Path to Death). The game is about creating your own skill trees with randomized skills. So if you like strategy games where you experiment a lot with finding synergies of skills, you are happily invited. And there is a ton of (epic) loot to discover. I also write this to encourage you: polish your LD game and put it on itch.io – feels so good!

If you are interested, just have a look at my website.

The LootCastle Screenshot

Help the skeletons to fight the invading knights by creating skill trees.

5 Responses to “The LootCastle”

1. stromfeld says:

Really like the graphics, but uh, Windows only :<

2. Jeremias says:

A friend of mine got it on linux with wine, but it’s not that obvious (and I’m not familiar with linux at all). If you want and if you have the time, drop me a line (info@stevencolling.com) and I send you a key for testing it under linux.

3. Wudi says:

Hi Jeremias,

I haven’t played your game yet, but I read about the cross platform-problem. Is it right that you use XNA for your code? Maybe you could give Monogame a try. Its an alternative implementation of XNA framework (and some new features) which has cross platform-support. So it shouldn’t be too hard to port the game to Linux and MacOS.

I hope this will help you to reach more people :)

Link: http://www.monogame.net

4. Jeremias says:

I use MonoGame and ported another, smaller game to Android (with Xamarin). I will dig into it (Linux) after I get used to the press stuff, which needs a lot of time (more time that I want it to have…). But thank you for your comment! :D

5. Natanijel says:

This is a fantastic game! I really like the artwork and the dark colours; it looks like my dreams!