Ludum Dare 30 — August 22nd-25th 2014 — Theme: Connected Worlds
  • Judging Ends: in 13 days, 13 hours, 11 minutes, 6 seconds
  • [ Real World Gatherings | Ludum Deals | Warmup Weekend (Games) | MiniLD #53 | Wallpaper (1) (2) (3) | Mailing List ]

[ Play+Rate | Edit | View All Games | My Game ]

Progress

Posted by (twitter: @HeyChinaski)
    December 14th, 2013 8:11 pm

I’ve mostly been tweaking the graphics:

This is what it looked like hours ago:

screen1

And now:

screen2

I’ve gone with a gladiator theme.  I’m pretty happy with it.  It’s multiplayer so I’d really appreciate some help testing if anyone has a second:

Arrow keys to move, spacebar to shoot (if you have the sword).  Aiming is automatic.

Thanks!

5 Responses to “Progress”

1. Niqle says:

I see a gladiator but nothing else appears to be happening? The graphics are certainly an improvement though.

2. VoxPlacitum says:

Fun. I would put some kind of time limit on holding the sword, just to prevent a halt in gameplay, but the game is sweet. Nice work.

3. HeyChinaski says:

Thanks guys.

Was definitely thinking of a time limit. Should probably kick AFKers as well as they ruin the game pretty quick.

I may need to build some AI as it’s pretty much no fun when there are < 3 people.

4. drludos says:

Very nice idea and cool graphics!

I’ve been playing it for a game or two, I the game is working quite nicely. However, I find the sword to hard too dodge when you being chased (neither I nor my opponent were able to escape it during the whole game).

Looking towards the final version of the game!

5. towerfacehead says:

Pretty cool, just played a little bit. Also I think the sword is too hard to dodge, unless of course it’s supposed to be a sure hit. In which case its working perfectly.

Good job so far!