Ludum Dare 30 — August 22nd-25th 2014 — Theme: Connected Worlds
  • Judging Ends: in 13 days, 1 hour, 4 minutes, 55 seconds
  • [ Real World Gatherings | Ludum Deals | Warmup Weekend (Games) | MiniLD #53 | Wallpaper (1) (2) (3) | Mailing List ]

[ Play+Rate | Edit | View All Games | My Game ]

BIEBER CHALLENGE

Posted by (twitter: @Sheepolution)
    December 12th, 2013 3:11 pm

This is an official challenge to all Ludum Dare gamedevs.

This weekend, your quest is to put a BIEBER somewhere in your game as an “easter egg”.

This “Bieber challange” will be like a meta game in which everyone tries to find the kittens in each game they play. You know you want to.

Do it – for the love of Bieber. For the love of meta. For the love of all things LD48.

Edit: I was cool enough to make an icon that you should put in your game title screen or game thumbnail screenshots so we know to look for your Bieber:

Finally, be sure to post to the blog using the “bieber-challenge” and “easter-egg” tags.

Here are the tragic results of theme voting. Where’s the Bieber love?

1. You Only Get One +499
    16. Reflection -262
    17. Shadow -282
    18. Closed Doors -333
    19. The Fourth Dimension -596
    20. Differences -843
    21. Bieber 4Evar <3 -2082

12 Responses to “BIEBER CHALLENGE”

1. ViKingGames says:

Everyone must do this. I know I am!

2. daOyster says:

I’m in for this!

3. Suese says:

Uhg, not more context-driven themes!

I’m not into the 12-year-old-game-dev culture here people! I don’t know where these stupid ideas come from, but I know they have to do with the festering popularity contest raging in the bowels of 4chan and the rest of the internet.

Clearly, “You only get one” is a huge context-driven theme based on a few recently popular crappy games that have given you “Just one” match, or “Just one” bullet.

I’m assuming break the system comes from a recent influx of crappy games that involve purposefully-glitching programs and broken English (System break, so excite!).

Why can’t we just have basic one-word themes that aren’t being up-voted based on any particular pop-culture context?

4. udo says:

Yeah. I’m not doing this. Potatoes, fine. Even “downvote me” or stuff like that, okay, I’ll work with that. But everyone has there limits and this is mine :)

5. eemmbbeerr says:

Is it legal to use a justin bieber song downloaded from youtube in the game?

• thedeadlybutter says:

Even though it’s for non commercial use you cannot use it. Will anyone send you a takedown request / copyright infringement for a silly LD game? No.

6. YellowLime says:

why

maybe

7. hamster_mk_4 says:

I look at the joke themes as a challenge. “Are you good enough a game dev to make something interesting out of this silly idea?” I have been surprised by the brilliance of some of the previous joke theme implementations and I am sure some of us will do like wise for Bieber.