SharkJam is over! 87 shark-games have been made, which means this is one of the most succesful Mini-LDs ever! Thanks guys, this is awesome \:D/
It’s time for another Mini-Ludum-Dare on the weekend of November 2nd/3rd, 2013.
And this time, it’s
[ View All ]
Yes. Isn’t it marvelous?
- Make a game about sharks!
- 48 hours time (give or take), on November 2nd/3rd
- Work alone or in a team
- External assets are allowed
- Every genre is allowed. RTS! Action! Dating Sim!
- Have fun!
“But Matthias!”, some might gasp. “How can we even make a game about sharks? That might be impossible!”
Fear not, friend. For there are a lot of fun and interesting angles to shark-games.
- Make a game about cuddling cuty baby-puppy-sharks
- Sharks in Tophats!
- Sharks in natural disasters, say Hurricanes, Avalanches, Supernovae
- The Dreaded Land-Shark
- Shark-Fishing (Sharking?)
- Business-Sharks, swimming through the ocean, doing insider-trading
- Sharks vs. Kittens
- Animals disguised as sharks riding roombas
- Derp Sharks
- Sharktopus-es. Sharktopi. Sharktopedes. And other shark-based monstrosities
“But can I make a game about Dolphins?”
- No. Unless it also features sharks. Or it’s actually sharks in disguise. Or it’s some kind of metaphor for shark-ness.
“Can I also submit my game to One Game A Month?”
- Well of course!
“Is that incredible SharkJam-Banner available in wallpaper-size?”
- It already is, for your convenience! Just click on it.
Also it turns out that SharkJam will overlap with 0hgame on Sunday, which is about making a game in zero hours (during the daylight savings time switch). If you want to both at the same time, awesome! If you feel you can’t, the first part of #0hgame is already a few days earlier, so you can habe both jams to the fullest of your palate. Go check it out!
Submissions will go live shortly before the weekend, and will stay open for another 2 days or so later, to balance out timezones.