I like my entry this time. I don’t know how to write a post-mortem. Thanks for all the feedback; it is great. I enjoyed all the games I have played and reviewed thus far, and will enjoy the games I play and review in the future. You are all awesome. You being everyone that submitted anything. Anyway, time to talk about me and my game. No, this will not be in Swedish, sorry.
Here is a screenshot:
Things that are the things that I think went well:
- I like the overall feel of my game. I haven’t really experimented with atmosphere and mood before, but I think I did fairly well on mood. I guess I’ll know how I did when the voting results come out.
- I like my game’s sound effects. I recorded them with a crappy desk mic and Audacity.
- My game’s music doesn’t bombard my ears with badness like the music I make usually does. Or at least not as rapidly and harshly.
- I wasn’t sure if I would be able to make an adventure game, and it turned out to not be so hard (after I did a lot of brainstorming and planning about the best way to create the game that would allow for me to expand my game at a later time or create new adventure games from scratch.)
- I like how my game looks. Plasticine is awesome. Stop-motion animation is awesome.
- I feel like the framework I’ve created allows me to create other (similar) games super quickly. Well, editing/creating the graphics takes way too long, but at least putting everything together and adding sound effects, music, etc is super quick.
- Adventure games are cool, and I’m glad I made an adventure game. I have only seen a few other (point-and-click) adventure games in the Ludum Dare, so my game is at least somewhat unique. I wish there were more though; they are super cool.
- I’m sure other things went well, but I don’t want to make this list too long.
- The main bad thing that I can think of is that I didn’t get to make my game as big as I had originally planned. Here are some stats on what I had in the game and what was supposed to be in the game:
- THING: IN GAME / PLANNED
- Unique Objects: ~14/36
- Views: 4/12
- Rooms: 1/3
- Puzzles: 2/7
- Views are just the different sets of (objects and background image) in a room. For example, the room is called ‘bedroom’ and the views are ‘bed’, ‘closet’, ‘door’, and ‘medals.’
- Not getting to add all the content I had planned is all I can think of that sucked. I guess the major headache after the comp ended sucked too, but that was after the comp, so it doesn’t matter.
*There are no additional puzzles in the ComPost version, only additional rooms of different art styles to explore.