So I ended up going to sleep at 4-ish last night and not getting back to work until 9-ish. Just over 10 hours remaining now, and there’s a lot of code left to write. On the down side, the way I code takes a while to get to a point where it’s possible to really test or see much of anything. On the up side, once I get to that point, things can come together really quickly! Hooray robustness!
In the past half-hour or so I’ve finally hit that point! My parts draw on the screen, and I’ve got about half of the user input handled. Now all that’s left to implement is the actual game rules for how to attach rocket parts, and then to figure out how to score the game. I’ll also need some way to display the final score, which will be a burden since I haven’t prepared anything for that. That comes last though. Play first, scoreboard last.
Here’s a screenshot of my game with the timer going and my lovely programmer art properly rendering to the screen. What you can’t tell from this is that I’ve also added a few basic sound effects! Yay for that!