Early this morning I submitted City Fall. It is really not where I would like it to be but after Unity deleted the game scene, I figured it was a good time to call it instead of going back to the backups. I will continue to work on a smoother, optimized version of my game this week.
This was my first Ludum Dare, first game jam, and my second week learning Unity3D. I thought RTS would be too complicated a game so I am happy that I was able to just submit.
I worked on this alone and used allot of third party resources, please see the credits below the web player.
The game features basic RTS mechanics:
- Target selection(Units, multiple units, enemy, building). Occluded/non occluded object selection availible.
- Roaming AI with prioritized targeting(Path finding & collision are slow in the current version sorry)
- Active and passive attacking of enemies.
- Destructible building.
- A handful sound effects and some ambient music.
- Basic UI, selection, mini map, and HP bar GUI.